- IBM compatible Pentium PC system with Windows 95/98/ME/NT/2000 or XP operating system,
- Ethernet adapter with NDIS Driver for Windows OS.
Features of NetControl:
- Splits the traffic in user definable time intervals (15 seconds till 24 hours).
- Can handle up to 40,000 Addresses (depending on the license).
- Automatical recognition of unknown addresses.
- Sums up the number of received an sent packets or bytes per station every day.
- Records the time of the first and last occurance per station and day
- Generation of accounting-files for the usage of the net as week-, month- or yearstatistics.
- Each user ca be given access to his own accounting data. These are stored in a separate directory(-tree) per user.
NetControl measures, controls and records the following parameters:
- Netload in Percent,
- Packets per second,
- Collisions per second,
- Errors per second,
- Length distribution of the packets, per time-interval
- number of active stations and communication pairs
Hitlists shown by NetControl:
NetControl shows numerous hitlists of the last intervals. Hitlists of "Top ten" (or Top 100) of different categories:
- most active stations,
- most active broadcast senders,
- Manufacturer (the first three byte of the MAC-address) with the most packets,
- Connectionpairs, that exchange the most packets,
- Connectionpairs, where one partner doesn't answer, (one sided connection)
- The IP networks with the most traffic
- The IP services with the greatest traffic.
- most active external stations (staions which are not in the local IP subnet).
NetControl monitors Alarms:
It is possible to define threshold limits that trigger alarms. An alarm can start any program (for sending an email or SMS).
- The data is saved in HTML-formated files.
- NetControl is designed to record data over years.
- Graphics can be generated and integrated into the web pages automatically for all networkparameters.
Licence and Registration of NetControl:
NetControl can be downloaded freely. The downloaded version runs in a demonstration mode or in a restricted mode. The restricted mode allows gathering of real network data, but the number of addresses is limited to 25 and the data sampling process automatically stops after 3 days.
If you want to use the software permanentely you need to buy a personalized registration code. This registration code may only be used on one computer. You are not allowed to distribute or copy your licence file or personalised key: ncw.snp.
Any change or disassembly of the program is forrbiden strictly.
Software License Agreement: RzK GmbH makes no warranties, either impressed or implied, with respect to this software, its quality, performance, merchantability or fitness for any particular purposes. The entire risk is with the user. In the event of loss or damage caused or alleged by the NetControl program, the user (and not RzK GmbH, its distributors or its retailers) assumes the entire cost of all necessary servicing, repair or correction.
NetFlow is a registered trademark of Cisco System Inc.